Give an Hour, Save a GSP!
Our rescue needs your help to save more GSPs! Join the fun and help us get to the next level by lending your time and energy to one of the positions below. Apply now, or contact us. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you shortly!
- Foster Case Manager – Have you been wanting to find a volunteer opportunity where you can see your direct impact? Apply to be a Foster Case Manager! You’ll work directly with the foster homes and foster dogs to help them through the foster program, from rescue to adoption. You should be familiar with a computer/internet and be available to take calls and answer emails during the day. Time requirement: varies, 1-5 hours per week.
- Adoption Support Manager – Our job doesn’t finish when a dog is adopted. Those dogs are part of our rescue family for their lifetime, and we want to do everything we can to support their success in their forever homes. The Adoption Support Manager is responsible for sending a follow-up survey to homes post-adoption and providing help and advice as needed to those homes. Familiarity with rescue dogs, especially high-energy breeds, is preferred and general computer/internet proficiency is required. Time requirement: 1-3 hours per week, depending on volume of adoptions.
- Adoption Phone Screener – Play matchmaker! Interview prospective GSP adopters and make sure they’re the match for the breed, and then help them find their perfect forever friend. Should be comfortable speaking on the phone and entering data into an online form. High energy breed experience is preferred. Time requirement: 2-5 hours per month.
- Special Project Manager – We need a few committed volunteers to manage special operational projects. The projects are set to a certain duration of time, such as 1 month, so they’re perfect volunteer opportunities for someone who has downtime in their schedule at certain times of year. Projects are data-oriented and require attention to detail. Time requirement: varies from project to project.
- Foster Coordinator – Do you have rescue experience and are looking to take on a new level of responsibility? Foster Coordinator is critical to the success of the rescue – find foster homes for GSPs in need, assist Foster Case Managers with advice, and work closely with the Intake and Adoption teams to save as many GSPs as possible. Past rescue experience and familiarity with vet care desired. Time requirement: 5+ hours per week.
- CPA – We are looking for a CPA who can provide us with advice on non-profit accounting, and may be able to assist us in obtaining annual audited financial statements.
- Web Consultant – Do you have experience building and maintaining websites, and troubleshooting IT issues? We need a Web Consultant that is familiar with WordPress, including managing widgets and menus, customizing pages and sidebars, sufficient HTML skills, comfortable with image/media management, tags, categories. Plus would also be experience with the Google admin console. Time requirement: 1-3 hours per week.
- Fundraising Coordinator – Make it possible for us to help needy GSPs! We are a privately funded organization, meaning that all our funding comes from private donors. Be the driver behind those donations and make every dollar count to help GSPs! Job includes: research and evaluate fundraising opportunities, organize fundraising events, and oversee fundraising managers and volunteers. Work closely with Treasurer. Time requirement: a few hours a week, variable.
- New! Strategic Marketing Managers – Both online and in-person options are available. You do not have to go door to door asking for money! Time requirement: flexible, but an hour a week would be awesome. Also needed: short term help for reunion/event donations.
- Special Projects Fundraising Manager(s) – Lead a one-time or ongoing project. For example, organizing a Chili’s fundraising day, hosting a one-day rummage sale, setting up a Pet Food Express pet wash fundraiser, updating our Zazzle store online, etc. Time requirement: varies per project, estimated 8 hours total per project.
- Corporate Fundraising Manager – This person would be in charge of requesting donations and sponsorships from corporations and businesses. Time requirement: 30 minutes per week.
Events and Outreach
- Volunteer Liaison – We are looking for volunteers to step up in the various areas of northern CA (East Bay, Sacramento, North Bay, SF, South Bay, Peninsula, Central Valley) to coordinate volunteer meet-ups in their area. These meet-ups will be a great opportunity to get volunteers more connected to the organization while also having some fun! Time requirement: a few hours a few times a year.
- Day Host(s) – Perfect for the busy person, this job is one day only! Be the onsite event host for a scheduled event. Duties include getting materials on site, setting up, overseeing volunteers, returning materials at the end of the day. Time requirement: typically 4 to 8 hours.
- Booth Staffer – Pick your time and place and set-up a mini booth at a Pet Food Express or grocery store to talk about the rescue. Completely flexible depending on your own schedule.
- Photographers throughout northern California – A picture is worth a thousand words! So often adopters have told us that they saw the GSP’s photo and knew they had to meet that dog. Help us promote our dogs and get them adopted! Should have good basic photo (and video) skills. The time commitment is minimal and can be scheduled at your convenience.
- Foster Homes – Provide a place to crash for a GSP in need. Be rewarded with lots of cuddling and slobbery kisses! Check out our fostering page for more info.
- Dog Transporters – See a bit more of Northern CA with a dog co-pilot by your side! Fill out our volunteer application and clear a spot in your car for a needy GSP!
We’d love to have your help! Questions about any of these positions? Have other ways you can help? Contact us and our Volunteer Coordinator will get back to you!