Brownie is a senior sweetie that is looking for a special person to make his remaining years comfortable. This handsome 9-year-old male GSP was abandoned at the shelter through no fault of his own. Sure, he’s got some issues – he’s unsteady on his feet (ataxia per the vet), has some arthritis in his elbows, and is experiencing separation anxiety. But doesn’t he deserve a good retirement? His favorite things are napping at your feet, going outside for short walks, and spending time with you.
What you’ll provide:
- Company – you’ll be home (or can arrange for someone to be home) all the time for the first month, and are home most of the time in general
- Love & food
- Basic exercise (but not too much!) – he’d love a yard where he can putter around at his own pace, and if you have a pool, that’d be a bonus for his joints
What we’ll provide:
- A separation anxiety specialist to support you with a customized plan to address this serious but treatable condition
- A dog walker or pet sitter for those times you might need to run errands that first month
- Medications for his joint pain and separation anxiety
- All veterinary care
At adoption, we’ll provide a 6-month supply of medications, and if needed, 3 additional months of separation anxiety support.
If you’re that special person he’s been looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
|Current Weight||60 lbs|
|Good with other dogs?||Yes|
|Good with cats?||No|
|Good with kids?||Yes (6 and up)|
|Status||Available to foster|
This dog is in our foster program and is looking for a foster home that is seriously interested in adoption. You’ll have the support of our foster team while the dog’s medical and behavioral needs are addressed, and we pay those expenses. Best of all? You’re first in line to adopt this dog! Learn more about fostering