Give an Hour, Save a GSP!
We need your help to save more GSPs! Join the fun and help us get to the next level by lending your time and energy to one of the positions below. Apply now or contact us. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you shortly!
Note that for most roles, we ask for a minimum 1 year commitment.
- Help Needed! Foster Case Manager – Work directly with foster dogs and foster homes to help them through the foster program from rescue to adoption.
- Help Needed! Phone Screener – Play matchmaker! Interview prospective GSP adopters and make sure they’re a match for the breed.
- CPA – Seeking CPA consultant to provide advice on non-profit accounting and perform annual Review Opinion/Report. Two hours per quarter, plus 2-3 hours annually.
- Web Consultant – Tech experience with WordPress websites and more? We need your help.
- Special Project Manager – Got skills? Talk to us about how your skills mesh with our needs. Projects are specific and time-limited.
Fundraising & Engagement
- New! Development Coordinator – Organize bringing in the money to help needy GSPs!
- Stewardship Manager – thank donors for their support.
- Grant Manager – Research, apply for, and manage grants.
- Major Gifts & Planned Giving Manager – Seeking warm chatty person to develop relationships with donors that have the capacity to give now and in the future.
- Friendraising Manager – Help us grow our base of support by interacting with potential new followers, donors, volunteers, and adopters.
- Special Fundraising Projects Manager(s) – Lead a one-time or ongoing fundraising project.
- Corporate Fundraising Manager – Request donations & sponsorships from corporations & businesses.
Events and Outreach
- Volunteer Liaison – Coordinate volunteer meet-ups in your area!
- Day Host(s) – Perfect for the busy person, this job is one day only!
- Booth Staffer(s) – Set up a mini-booth at a time and location that works for you.
- Photographer(s) – A picture is worth a thousand words! Good pictures help dogs get adopted.
- Foster Homes – Provide a place to crash for a GSP in need. Be rewarded with lots of cuddling and slobbery kisses! Check out our fostering page for more info.
- Dog Transporters – See a bit more of Northern CA with a dog co-pilot by your side! Fill out our volunteer application and clear a spot in your car for a needy GSP!
Please note: all activities involving dog management or handling are open to volunteers 18 and older only.
We’d love to have your help! Questions about any of these positions? Have other ways you can help? Contact us and our Volunteer Coordinator will get back to you!