Volunteer with Us
Open your home to a GSP in need by fostering! You provide the love and safety of a good home and we pay for veterinary care and provide you with support.
Join our transport team! You will literally be saving lives, getting dogs at risk out of the shelter and on to their foster homes or vet appointments.
We always need volunteers, whether you can help a few hours a week or only a few hours every other month. The possibilities are endless to help GSPs!
Join our transport team!
You will literally be saving lives, getting dogs at risk out of the shelter and on to their foster homes or vet appointments.
You’ll respond to email requests for transport help if a need fits with your schedule. Sometimes one person does the entire drive, other times it’s like a relay race with each driver handling their leg of the trip. Even if you only help once a year, that trip could be the difference between life and death for that dog.
More Ways to Save GSPs
We need your help to save more GSPs! Join the fun and help us get to the next level by lending your time and energy to one of the opportunities below.
Apply now. Then our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you shortly!
Note that for most roles, we ask for a minimum 1-year commitment, and all activities involving dog management or handling are open to volunteers 18 and older only.
- Help Needed! Foster Case Management – Work directly with foster dogs and foster homes to help them through the foster program from rescue to adoption.
- Transport Coordination - Orchestrate freedom rides! Mobilize volunteers to get dogs out of the shelter and to their foster homes.
- Phone Screener – Play matchmaker! Interview prospective GSP adopters and make sure they’re a match for the breed.
- Special Project Manager – Got skills? Talk to us about how your skills mesh with our needs. Projects are specific and time-limited.
Fundraising & Engagement
- Development Coordinator – Organize bringing in the money to help needy GSPs!
- Major Gifts & Planned Giving Manager – Seeking warm chatty person to develop relationships with donors that have the capacity to give now and in the future.
- Special Fundraising Projects Manager(s) – Lead a one-time or ongoing fundraising project.
Events & Outreach
- Photographer(s) – A picture is worth a thousand words! Good pictures help dogs get adopted.
- Volunteer Liaison – Coordinate volunteer meet-ups in your area!
- Day Host(s) – Perfect for the busy person, this job is one day only!
- Booth Staffer(s) – Set up a mini-booth at a time and location that works for you.
Ask your employer about volunteer grants!
Many larger employers offer volunteer grants! Does yours? Check with your human resources department to find out. A volunteer grant is when companies provide either a set monetary donation for every hour an employee volunteers, or provide a grant once the employee reaches a certain threshold. Make your volunteer hours count even more!
Info you will need: